Looking after the Environment
To keep the school clean and conducive for learning, GESPians must demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Eat and drink only in the canteen.
- Clear your plates, bowls and cutlery after eating by returning them to the receptacles provided in the canteen.
- Observe proper toilet hygiene and keep the toilets clean and dry.
- Take good care of school property.
- Report any faulty or broken equipment/devices to your Form Teacher or General Office immediately.
Reuse, Reduce & Recycle (3Rs)
In line with the school’s ongoing green movement, the school regularly reminds pupils to do the following:
- Keep the school litter-free.
- Dispose of recyclable items into the recycling bins located in the school.
- Bring old newspapers from home to recycle in school.
- Recycle materials whenever possible (e.g., use Art materials to decorate the class).
- Use both sides of writing paper.
- Switch off all lights, fans and AV equipment (i.e., computer, LCD projector) when leaving the classroom.
- Turn off all water taps after use. Do not let water run freely when soaping.
- Remind each other of good 3Rs practices.