Home > About Us > School Information
|Mon||By 7.30 a.m.
(for National Anthem and Pledge-Taking Ceremony)
|Tue to Fri||1.30 p.m.
Arrival at School
- Parents can drop off their child/ward at the Terrace (if driving), or Main/Side Gate (if walking into the school).
- Parents are not allowed to go to the canteen, terrace or along the corridors.
Dismissal from School
- Primary 1 and 2
Students will be brought to the Main/Side Gate by their teachers. Students who are taking the school bus will be led to the Bus Bay at the Indoor Sports Hall.
- Primary 3, 4, 5 and 6
Teachers will lead the students down to the ground floor of the classroom block and will be dismissed from there. Students who are taking the school bus will go to the Bus Bay.
- Parents/Guardian are to wait for their child/ward at the entrance of the Main/Side Gate. Parents are not allowed to wait at the canteen, Terrace or along the corridors.
- Parents/Guardians can drive into the school 30 minutes after school dismissal and pick up their child/ward from the Terrace. This is to facilitate the smooth movement of the school buses as well as to ensure the safety of our students.
- Students should buy their own food from the canteen during recess/lunch. Parents/guardians are reminded not to come into the school to deliver food to their child/ward to ensure the safety of our students. Students can also collect packed food from their parents/guardians at the Main/Side Gates.
- Opening hours of the Side Gate (Along Jalan Bukit Merah)
|Mon||6.30 a.m. - 9.00 a.m.
|12.45 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.
|Tue to Fri
||6.30 a.m. - 9.00 a.m.
|1.00 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.
Absence from School
- All students are required to attend school daily. Under the Singapore Compulsory Education Act, “a child of compulsory school age shall attend regularly as a pupil at a national primary school.”
- The school curriculum is designed to be implemented over 40 weeks and, prepares students academically for subsequent levels. Much of what is taught is progressive and builds on concepts/content previously taught. As such, students should not be absent from school during term time, even if school examination/tests are over.
- All student absences must be supported with a medical certificate or a parent’s/guardian’s letter for urgent home matters. The school seeks the cooperation of parents/guardians in ensuring that their child/ward attends school regularly as this will ensure his/ her holistic progress and achievement. A student who fails to attend school on a regular basis will find it challenging to keep up with the curriculum when he/she returns to school.
Permission to Leave School Early
- Students are not allowed to leave the school before the school dismissal time. For the safety of students, parents/guardians have to personally sign for the release of their child/ward at the General Office if students have to leave school early to attend to personal or family matters. Parents/guardians should also inform the child’s Form Teacher in advance.
Our students’ safety is of utmost importance to the school. In order to ensure a safe, secure and quiet environment for our students, the school regulates vehicular and human traffic within the school premises.
- All visitors are advised to make prior appointments with teachers before coming to the school. Otherwise, visitors will be requested to wait at the General Office until the teacher is available.
- All visitors are to collect a visitor’s pass from the security post at the Main/Side Gate and proceed to the General Office. Visitors are not allowed to walk into the classrooms or to the other levels of the learning blocks.
- Parents/Guardians can enter the school to purchase of books or uniforms but only at the timing stated below:
|Sale of :
||1.15 p.m. - 3.00 p.m.
|Tue to Fri
||1.30 p.m. - 3.00 p.m.
Guidelines on Photography/Videography
Photograph(s) or video image(s) of students and their parents may be captured during school activities and events such as classroom lessons, Co-Curricular Activities, school camps and concerts. The school may use and publish such photographs and/or video recordings in school publications, the school website, social media channels and other channels.