In GESPS, we are guided by three principles when inculcating values and building competencies in our students. There are
1) Every Teacher A CCE Teacher
- Every teacher, a role model who upholds sound values
- Every teacher, a supportive adult who instills values in our students
- Every teacher, a trusted educator who builds strong teacher-student relationships
2) Engaging students through the Head, Hands, Heart approach
- We want to touch the HEARTS of students through equipping them with HEAD knowledge and providing them with opportunities to use their ‘HANDS’ to demonstrate social-emotional competencies and internalize values
3) Parents, as partners in education
- Parents play a vital role in the education of their children
- Children learn best when there is home-school partnership
The Spiraling Curriculum
Based on Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Theory, the CCE lessons and activities spiral outwards through the gradual enlargement of the environment which a student interacts in during his 6 years in the school.
Our Programmes & Activities
We have designed programmes and activities for all levels. Some of the activities include Values-in-Action and career guidance activities as well as learning journeys and assembly talks.
Termly character trait recess activities
VIA activities for all levels
NE Learning Journeys
Career Guidance Activities
Cyberwellness Week 2019
To better inculcate 21st century learners with the right values on and offline, the school put together a cyberwellness program that advocates students to exhibit positive behavior when using ICT. Students are taught and reminded of the cyberwellness messages during ICT programmes and lessons.